Friday, July 13, 2012

D.I.Y : Cash Organizer/Cash Envelopes

Like I promised in my previous post here..
I'm sharing how I did my cash organizer..
Forewarning, I'm not blessed with artsy hands..
Please bear with my novice attempts to make my own envelopes.. :)

I've selected my own wrapping papers that I've bought at Daiso at RM5 for 3.


Then, I used a real envelope with the size that I've desired. I've separated the flaps and used it as my template

I'm sacrificing you my pretty envelope. T_T
It is advisable to use a recycled envelope. Since I don't have one, I have to make do with what I have in my room.

Then, I traced my pretty wrapping papers and cut them.

Then, I proceeded to the next step which paper folding. I used a ruler to make a crisp folds.
Then I glued the side flaps, leaving the upper flap alone and here is the finished product.
And here, I made a mistake *sorry!*..I glued the wrong flaps!! It was supposed to look like this.
Did you guys see my mistakes??
I only noticed this when I have finished glueing all my envelopes. Talk about novice! Hahaha..
Then I took my Bregata refillable notebook and took out the removable papers.
Then, I took one of the paper and used the holes as the template on my envelopes so that they matched up. Using a puncher, I punched the holes.
I clipped them into my organizer and added some papers that I have removed earlier as my spending notes.
I used the clear cover sheet as the separator from the envelopes and the papernotes.
For labelling, I used Microsoft Words *because I'm Photoshop noob!*, printed them and cut them all. Then I glued the labels onto the respective envelopes.
Tadaah!! My cash organizer project is finished! Easy right? Even an art noob like me nailed it *ok ok, with a bit of incident..the distorted envelopes.. >__<*
If you want the envelopes to be inserted into your wallet, you can visit here.
My purse is not suitable to use this method as my purse is a 3-folds purse.
Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment